Looking for a heartfelt, homemade gift for father’s day? Well, look no further than this easy-to-make paperweight I found on a craft blog I frequent, that will remind him every day how much he “rocks”! He’ll love it for the work you put into it as well as the horrible pun it embodies!
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup water
- cookie sheet
- 1/2 cup pea gravel or rocks
- Acrylic sealer (optional)
- Start by peheating your oven to 250 degrees F°.
2. In your mixing bowl, mix your flour, salt, and water together until it is doughy and pliable. Make sure not to add too much flour or your dough will dry out and your paperweight will crack after it’s been fired.
3. Next, take your dough and ball it up your hands. Place the ball on the cookie sheet and flatten it until it’s about ½″ thick.
4. Take your rocks and spell out “DAD ROCKS,” or whatever message you want on the dough. Make sure you press them firmly but gently.
5. Put your paperweight into your stove and bake it for 2-2.5 hours until completely dry.
6. Carefully take the paperweight out, let it cool, and you’ve now got a great gift to remind your dad how much he means to you (in pun form no less)! If you want, you can also spray it with an acrylic sealer to make it a little more sturdy.