What are you doing this weekend? If you have British or Irish ancestors, be sure to make time to search findmypast.com, which will be free to all users from midday Friday, May 6 to midday Monday, March 9.
According to their announcement reposted in Dick Eastman’s online newsletter, you will have access to:
- Over 900 million census records from across the UK, USA and Ireland
- Passenger lists for ships sailing to and from Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and the USA
- Birth, marriage and death records dating back to the 18th century, and the largest online collection of UK parish records
- The most comprehensive collection of UK military records anywhere online
- The largest collection of Irish family history records available online
- Historical newspapers from across the world, including more than 10 million British newspaper pages from as long ago as 1710
If you’re unfamiliar with this database, you can watch a Getting Started video on their website and learn all about it. This is a great opportunity to “test drive” a database that you might want to subscribe to.
Let me know if you find anything!